Rakhee Thakrar is an English actress best known for playing Shabnam Masood in the BBC One serial opera “EastEnders” (2014–2016) and Emily Sands in the Netflix comedy-drama series “Sex Education” (2019–present). In Big Finish’s “Doctor Who: The Time War” audio dramas, she also plays Bliss, the Eighth Doctor’s companion.
In 2004, she worked with the Leicester Mercury Pathfinder Program as a journalist. Rakhee had intended to pursue a profession in textile design before beginning her acting career. Hobson’s International and 42 Management & Production are her agents.
What is the Net Worth of Rakhee Thakrar?
Rakhee Thakrar is a brilliant and accomplished actress with a net worth of approximately $150,000. Her performing profession in movies, TV shows, and online series is the main source of her fortune. She has since become an advocate for Sands, a stillbirth charity. Her exact income has yet to be revealed, but there is no doubt in the minds of her fans that she is earning a substantial sum of money from her professional endeavors.
Early Life and Education
Rakhee Thakrar was born on February 29th, 1984, and as of 2021, she is 37 years old. Rakhee Mansukh Thakrar is her given name. She was born and raised in Leicester, Leicestershire, England. Her nationality is British, and she is of mixed race because she is of Indian heritage. She is a Christian, and her zodiac sign is Pisces, according to her birth date. Shivam (younger brother) and Anuj Thakrar are her other siblings (Younger Brother).
Thakrar went to Soar Valley College to further her schooling. Taylor Road Primary School in Leicester was also her alma mater. As a youngster, she became engaged with Hathi Productions, a Leicester-based theatre group.
Timeline of Rakhee Thakrar’s Career
- Rakhee Thakrar’s career began after she landed the role of Roopa Chauhan in the radio drama “Silver Street”.
- Further, she played the role from the first episode in the year 2004 to the last episode in 2010.
- She made her first TV appearance in the BBC drama “Banglatown Banquet” in the year 2006.
- After then, she went on to feature in a number of TV series including “Doctors”, “Holby City”, “Peep Show” and, notably, played a lead character in British-Asian drama “Cloud 9”.
- She was also cast in “EastEnders” in the year 2013 and made her first on-screen appearance on 13th January 2014 playing the character of Shabnam Masood. In 2015, she left EastEnders. She was last seen onscreen on 5th February 2016, following Shabnam’s failed marriage to Kush Kazemi (Davood Ghadami).
- In the year 2019, she began portraying the role of Emily Sands in the Netflix series “Sex Education”, the same year, she appeared in the “Running Naked”, “Those Four Walls”, “End-O”, “Four Weddings and a Funeral”.
- In 2020, she appeared in “23 Walks” and “Criminal: UK”.
- After a year, she was seen in the TV series “The Girl Before” as Mia.
- She is set to appear in the 2022 TV mini-series “Rules Of The Game” and 2023 film “Wonka”.
- Rakhee Thakrar was one of twenty young people recruited to the Leicester Mercury’s Pathfinder scheme in 2004.
- Run in conjunction with Leicester City Council, it enabled a team of young journalists to spend ten months gaining an introduction to print journalism and reporting on their communities.
- During this time, she wrote articles on subjects such as the influence Bollywood has had on Leicester, as well as the peculiar situation of being born on 29 February.
Rakhee Thakrar has a husband. On September 2, 2017, she married Vikash Bhai, an actor. Vikash is an actor who has appeared in films such as Limbo (2020), The Stranger (2020), and Flack (2019). Today, the couple is living a peaceful existence free of conflict. Her sexual orientation is that of a straight woman.
Rakhee Thakrar is a stunning actress with a slim body build, standing at 5 ft 7 in (170 cm) tall and weighing 60 kg (132 pounds). Her hair is Dark Brown, and her eyes are the same hue. She has a love for almond-shaped brows and lips.
- Rakhee Thakrar made her debut TV show appearance as Safeena Abbasi in Doctors in 2007.
- She signed with the theatre club Hathi Productions as a teenager that is located in Leicester.
- She had worked as a journalist for the Leicester Mercury Pathfinder Program in 2004.
- Her ethnicity is Asian (Indian).
- Rakhee Mansukh Thakrar was her real name.
Quick Facts About Rakhee Thakrar
|Celebrated Name||Rakhee Thakrar|
|Nick Name||Rakhee Thakrar|
|Birth Name||Rakhee Mansukh Thakrar|
|Place Of Birth||Leicester, Leicestershire|
|Brothers||Shivam (Younger Brother), Anuj Thakrar (Younger Brother)|
|School||Taylor Road Primary School|
|College / University||Soar Valley College|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Height||5 ft 7 in or 170 cm|
|Weight||60 kg or 132 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|