Katherine Heigl is an American actress and former fashion model who is well recognized for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens on ABC’s medical drama, “Grey’s Anatomy”. The role earned her worldwide fame as it was her breakthrough for which she even won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2007.
Having her career started initially as a child model with Wilhelmina Models, Heigl marked her first move on the movie industry with her film debut, “That Night”(1992). Her other lead role movie includes; “Knocked Up”(2007), “27 Dresses”(2008), “The Ugly Truth”(2009), “Life As We Know It”(2010), “The Big Wedding”(2013), and “Unforgettable”(2017).
She has also appeared as a cover model on several publications, including ‘Maxim,’ ‘Vanity Fair,’ and ‘Cosmopolitan’. She also has been featured as “100 Sexiest Women in the World” and also the “Most Desirable Woman of 2008”.
Besides, she is active o social media sites with over 3.5 million followers on Instagram: @katherineheigl and over 1.2 million followers on Twitter: @KatieHeigl.
What is the net worth of Katherine Heigl?
Katherine Heigl has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially as a child model, Heigl has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent actresses especially for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens in her decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series. Her first salary as a child model was $75 per hour. For her role in “Knocked Up”(2007), she earned a salary of $300k which rose to $6 million for her role in “27 Dresses” in 2008.
Including her income, she has an estimated net worth estimated to be around $30 million. With her million worth of fortune, Heigl has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
What is Katherine Heigl Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens on “Grey’s Anatomy”.
Katherine Heigl was born in Washington, DC on November 24, 1978. Katherine Marie Heig was born. Americnan by nationality Heigl is of mixed ethnicity (German and Irish) and is a Taurus.
Katherine Heigl was the fourth child of Nancy Engelhardt and Paul Heigl (father). Her mother, Nancy, was a personal manager and her father, Paul Heigl, an accountant.
Heigl grew up in New Canaan, Connecticut, with her siblings Jason, Meg, and Holt. But in 1986, when she was only 8, her older brother Jason died in a car accident.
A tragic loss led her parents to join “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”. A modeling agency signed Heigl as a child model when she was nine years old.
She managed to finish her sophomore year at New Canaan High School before leaving to pursue her career in Hollywood. It was a rocky road for her, as her parents divorced and her mother After graduating from high school in 1997, Heigl moved in with her mother, who also became her manager.
- Katherine Heigl started her career when she made her film debut playing the role of Kathryn in the film, “That Night” in 1992.
- Her first lead role was as Nicole Arnel in the 1994 comedy film, “My Father the Hero”.
- In 1995, she starred in the Steven Seagal action thriller, “Under Siege 2: Dark Territory”.
- She then got the lead role in Disney’s made-for-television film, “Wish Upon a Star” in 1996 also co-starred in the re-worked Shakespearean play, “The Tempest” in 1999.
- Heigl got her first-ever television role when she was cast as Isabel Evans on the science fiction TV drama, “Roswell” in 1999.
- She then appeared in films; ‘Stand-ins,’ ‘Bug Buster,’ ‘Bride of Chucky,’ ‘100 Girls,’ and ‘Valentine.’
- In 2003, she appeared in many television movies, including ‘Evil Never Dies’ and ‘Love Comes Softly.’
- She then was seen in the comedy film ‘The Ringer’ and also had starred as ‘Romy’ in the television movie ‘Romy and Michele: In the Beginning’ in 2005.
- The same year in 2005, she got the biggest break when she was cast as Dr. Isobel Stevens in the popular medical drama series, “Grey’s Anatomy”.
- Heigl had her high-profile film breakthrough with the comedy film, “Knocked Up”(2007).
- She has appeared in several hit movies including; “27 Dresses”(2008), “The Ugly Truth”(2009), “Killers”(2010), “Life As We Know It”(2010), “New Year’s Eve”(2011), “The Big Wedding”(2013), “Jackie & Ryan”(2014), “Home Sweet Hell”(2015) and “Unforgettable”(2017).
- She also voice-acted the squirrel Andie in the animated film, “The Nut Job”(2014) later reprising in “The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature”(2017).
- In 2018, Heigl joined the cast of the legal drama series, “Suits” where she played the main role of Samantha Wheeler.
- She was then cast in the leading role opposite Sarah Chalke and Ben Lawson for the Netflix show, “Firefly Lane” in 2021.
- She will also star and executive produce the limited series, “Woodhull”.
Katherine Heigl’s Husband
Katherine Heigl has only been married once. Josh Kelley is her first and current husband. Josh is a popular American singer-songwriter best known for his chart-topping singles “AMazing” and “Only You.” He has four Billboard chart-topping singles. The couple met on the set of his music video for “Only You.” They began dating shortly thereafter and were engaged in June 2006. Despite the fact that they were engaged, they chose not to live together until their wedding.
The couple later married in Park City, Utah, on December 23, 2007. They adopted a daughter, Nancy Leigh, from South Korea two years later, in 2009, after she was born with a heart defect and required open-heart surgery. Kelley and Heigl welcomed their second daughter, Adalaide Marie Hope, in April 2012.
The couple announced their third pregnancy in June 2016, and on December 20, 2016, Heigl gave birth to their first child, Joshua Bishop Kelley, Jr. Additionally, she is a philanthropist who has aided numerous needy individuals, as she co-founded Heigl’s Hounds of Hope with her mother, Nancy, as part of the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation (created in honor of her late brother).
She was even honored by the ASPCA with the “Presidential Service Award” for her work and dedication to animal welfare, as well as by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) in 2010 for her dedication to adoption.
Katherine Heigl’s Height
Katherine Heigl is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inches. while her body weighs around 58kg. Her body measurement is around 36-25-36 inches with a bra size of 34B, 6(US) as her dress size, and 9.5(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and dark brown eyes.
Quick Facts :
|Celebrated Name||Katherine Heigl|
|Birth Name||Katherine Marie Heigl|
|Place Of Birth||Washington DC|
|Siblings||Meg, Jason, and Holt|
|High School||New Canaan High School|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Body Measurement||36-25-36 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34B|
|Shoe Size||9.5 US|
|Dress Size||6 US|